Braves and Uggla Reach a Deal
Joe Schmoe
2011-01-05 02:23:18 UTC
I should have been a baseball player.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2011/01/04/uggla-braves-agree-to-five-year-62-million-extension/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_braves_blog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Tomasz Radko
2011-01-05 03:47:35 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
I should have been a baseball player.
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2011/01/04/uggla-braves-agree-to-five-year-62-million-extension/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_braves_blog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Bradbury has estimated Uggla's worth to $51M for the next 4 seasons. If
this extension is on top of the next season Braves will pay Uggla $71M
for the next 6 seasons (in the last one Uggla will be 36 - ugggh). Of
course assuming 7-8% contracts inflation it won't that bad contract down
the road. But nothing to be happy about, a draw/draw contract.
Tomasz Radko
2011-01-05 03:51:00 UTC
Post by Tomasz Radko
Post by Joe Schmoe
I should have been a baseball player.
http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2011/01/04/uggla-braves-agree-to-five-year-62-million-extension/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_braves_blog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Bradbury has estimated Uggla's worth to $51M for the next 4 seasons. If
this extension is on top of the next season Braves will pay Uggla $71M
for the next 6 seasons (in the last one Uggla will be 36 - ugggh). Of
course assuming 7-8% contracts inflation it won't that bad contract down
the road. But nothing to be happy about, a draw/draw contract.
Oh, I'm wrong. It's a 5 years contract starting from 2011. And Braves
basically defered some money from the first year of the contract to the
second and accelerated some money from 4th and 5th year to 2nd and 3rd.
Now I like it better, but still not much of a bargain.
Joe Schmoe
2011-01-05 12:55:05 UTC
But he gets lots of RBIs.
zig zigalo
2011-01-05 19:05:13 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Tomasz Radko
Now I like it better, but still not much of a bargain.
But he gets lots of RBIs.
i like it in that we have a long term deal with him, and it's not texieria
II- electric boogaloo.

zig
Sam Hutcheson
2011-01-08 02:24:50 UTC
Post by zig zigalo
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Tomasz Radko
Now I like it better, but still not much of a bargain.
But he gets lots of RBIs.
i like it in that we have a long term deal with him, and it's not texieria
II- electric boogaloo.
zig
1. Get quality player.
2. Keep quality player.
3. PROFIT!

Nothing to dislike about this contract at all.

s/