Linebrink trade
Dale Hicks
2010-12-04 09:04:44 UTC
Sox threw in enough money to make him "only" $2M, with 2011 being his
last year under contract.

Once seemingly with closer stuff, but not really doing much lately.
I guess his pedigree makes him the right-handed 8th inning man?
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net
Joe Schmoe
2010-12-04 14:58:39 UTC
Post by Dale Hicks
Sox threw in enough money to make him "only" $2M, with 2011 being his
last year under contract.
Once seemingly with closer stuff, but not really doing much lately.
I guess his pedigree makes him the right-handed 8th inning man?
Looks like they like his maturity and leadership, I wonder if he can
still pitch though.
Colin William
2010-12-05 13:42:07 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Dale Hicks
Sox threw in enough money to make him "only" $2M, with 2011 being his
last year under contract.
Once seemingly with closer stuff, but not really doing much lately.
I guess his pedigree makes him the right-handed 8th inning man?
Looks like they like his maturity and leadership, I wonder if he can
still pitch though.
He had a pretty significant home/road split these last two years,
pitched much better on the road. This past year the longball was his
problem; he gave up 8 at home, but only three on the road. Got hammered
by lefthanders, 901 OPS against. Ouch. Small samples size caveats apply,
however. Doesn't walk many guys, still has a good K rate. Certainly
seems worth a flier for $2m.

Colin