Are current major league players pussies?
Dick Sidbury
2012-05-09 21:05:08 UTC
I just got back from vacation down south where I could actually see
sports south and took in some games. Apparently Jamie Moyer was cheesed
somewhat about Chipper stealing signs and relaying them to Brian McCann
in the batter's box. Chipper responded that he had never in his entire
career stolen a sign and relayed it to the batter in the box.

Apparently baseball has changed a lot in the past 20 plus years. I can
remember when it was considered good for a runner to steal signs and
relay them to batters. Now, if someone thinks about stealing a sign,
pitchers complain to their mommies (or maybe their sports writers) and
the alleged instigators are whining about their innocence.

Dizzy Dean would roll over in his grave as would every player older than
Jamie Moyer (as soon as they die that is).

dick
-- who's old enough to remember when baseball players were real men.
k***@gmail.com
2013-04-30 03:56:32 UTC
Post by Dick Sidbury
[...]
I am. And you're right. Pussies for sure. It seems like and blister or hangnail lands a player on the 15 day DL. Hockey players get 3 teeth knocked out, and stay in the game. Oh, and I'm not a northerner.