Brian McCann wins his third straight Silver Slugger Award
TulsaOK
2010-11-12 05:33:18 UTC
McCann wins fourth NL Silver Slugger Award.
http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101111&content_id=16071880&vkey=news_atl&c_id=atl
Marty Winn
2010-11-15 13:59:39 UTC
McCann wins fourth NL Silver Slugger Award.http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101111&content_i...
Congrats to Brian on his fifth consecutive Silver Slugger award.
Tarkus
2010-11-15 14:44:23 UTC
??? Post says third straight, and fourth overall.
zig zigalo
2010-11-15 21:05:50 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by Marty Winn
Post by TulsaOK
McCann wins fourth NL Silver Slugger
Award.http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101111&content_i...
Congrats to Brian on his fifth consecutive Silver Slugger award.
??? Post says third straight, and fourth overall.
yeah, saying 6th is just crazy.

zig
Tarkus

Is there even any criteria for this award, or is it like the Gold Glove?
James Sidbury
2010-11-16 22:12:08 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by zig zigalo
Post by Tarkus
Post by Marty Winn
Post by TulsaOK
McCann wins fourth NL Silver Slugger
Award.http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=2010111
1&content_i...
Congrats to Brian on his fifth consecutive Silver Slugger award.
??? Post says third straight, and fourth overall.
yeah, saying 6th is just crazy.
Ha!
Is there even any criteria for this award, or is it like the Gold Glove?
It's like the gold glove. Managers and coaches vote for it based on BA,
OBP, Slg, "as well as the coaches¹ and managers¹ general impressions of
a player¹s overall offensive value. Managers and coaches are not allowed
to vote for players on their own team."

"Past winners of the Louisville Silver Slugger Award include such
*legends of the game* such as Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Pete Rose,
Cal Ripken, Jr., Don Mattingly, Ryne Sandberg, Barry Bonds and Sammy
Sosa."

dick
-- the emphasis above is mine.
Tarkus
2010-11-16 22:24:31 UTC
Post by James Sidbury
It's like the gold glove. Managers and coaches vote for it based on BA,
OBP, Slg, "as well as the coaches¹ and managers¹ general impressions of
a player¹s overall offensive value. Managers and coaches are not allowed
to vote for players on their own team."
Didn't it used to go to highest batting average or something?

And whatever happened to the Hank Aaron Award? It seems like that one
was based on stats too.
James Sidbury
2010-11-16 22:54:11 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by James Sidbury
It's like the gold glove. Managers and coaches vote for it based on BA,
OBP, Slg, "as well as the coaches¹ and managers¹ general impressions of
a player¹s overall offensive value. Managers and coaches are not allowed
to vote for players on their own team."
Didn't it used to go to highest batting average or something?
That's what I remember.
Post by Tarkus
And whatever happened to the Hank Aaron Award? It seems like that one
was based on stats too.
I think it was/is voted on and is the offensive POY. IIRC the first
season it was based on some combination of stats because there was no
time to "vote".

dick
Tarkus
2010-11-16 23:06:36 UTC
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Tarkus
And whatever happened to the Hank Aaron Award? It seems like that one
was based on stats too.
I think it was/is voted on and is the offensive POY. IIRC the first
season it was based on some combination of stats because there was no
time to "vote".
Oh, I thought it went the other way. That it started out as a vote and
then went to something more objective. But I could be wrong.
Tarkus
2010-11-16 23:24:38 UTC
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Tarkus
And whatever happened to the Hank Aaron Award? It seems like that one
was based on stats too.
I think it was/is voted on and is the offensive POY. IIRC the first
season it was based on some combination of stats because there was no
time to "vote".
You were right, I was wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Aaron_Award
Marty Winn
2010-11-16 14:17:31 UTC
Okay, I'm sorry, I misread. Or rather did not read.
Tarkus
2010-11-16 14:36:20 UTC
Post by Marty Winn
Post by Tarkus
Post by Marty Winn
McCann wins fourth NL Silver Slugger Award.http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101111&content_i...
Congrats to Brian on his fifth consecutive Silver Slugger award.
??? Post says third straight, and fourth overall.
Okay, I'm sorry, I misread. Or rather did not read.
Heh. I thought maybe you were pointing out an error (I was too lazy to
do any fact checking).
Steve Patterson
2010-11-16 23:48:27 UTC
Post by Marty Winn
Post by Tarkus
Post by Marty Winn
McCann wins fourth NL Silver Slugger Award.http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101111&content_i...
Congrats to Brian on his fifth consecutive Silver Slugger award.
??? Post says third straight, and fourth overall.
Okay, I'm sorry, I misread. Or rather did not read.
could be worse. Sunday night I thought I was programming my DVR to
record Devil Wears Prada. I actually recorded Devil Wears Nada.
Wouldn't have been so bad had my gf not come over to watch it and
started the playback before I discovered the error.
zig zigalo

zig
James Sidbury
2010-11-17 02:16:07 UTC
Post by zig zigalo
Post by Marty Winn
Post by Tarkus
Post by Marty Winn
Post by TulsaOK
McCann wins fourth NL Silver Slugger
Award.http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101111&conte
nt_i...
Congrats to Brian on his fifth consecutive Silver Slugger award.
??? Post says third straight, and fourth overall.
Okay, I'm sorry, I misread. Or rather did not read.
could be worse. Sunday night I thought I was programming my DVR to record
Devil Wears Prada. I actually recorded Devil Wears Nada. Wouldn't have
been so bad had my gf not come over to watch it and started the playback
before I discovered the error.
so how was it?
And which one was it?

dick
-- I assume it was the "adult" film and not the Simpson's episode
Steve Patterson
Definitely wasn't the Simpson's episode.
Steve Patterson
2010-11-17 19:34:11 UTC
Post by zig zigalo
Post by Marty Winn
Post by Tarkus
Post by Marty Winn
Post by TulsaOK
McCann wins fourth NL Silver Slugger
Award.http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101111&content_i...
Congrats to Brian on his fifth consecutive Silver Slugger award.
??? Post says third straight, and fourth overall.
Okay, I'm sorry, I misread. Or rather did not read.
could be worse. Sunday night I thought I was programming my DVR to record
Devil Wears Prada. I actually recorded Devil Wears Nada. Wouldn't have
been so bad had my gf not come over to watch it and started the playback
before I discovered the error.
so how was it?
zig
I was in the kitchen when she started the playback when I heard "Hun, I
think you need to read your titles more carefully or is this a ploy"

She's getting her mileage out of this one.
zig zigalo

zig
Steve Patterson
I think I'll ask her if she's interested in Forrest Hump.
zig zigalo
2010-11-18 20:01:30 UTC
Post by Steve Patterson
Post by zig zigalo
Post by Steve Patterson
Post by zig zigalo
Post by Marty Winn
Post by Tarkus
Post by Marty Winn
Post by TulsaOK
[...]
there's a joke there somewhere about a "box of chocolates"...

zig

Tarkus