Postseason solution
Dale Hicks
2010-12-03 02:29:39 UTC
Here's my solution to all of these problems created by Boston sucking
so much as to not make the playoffs this year.

1. Separate the leagues into two divisions.

2. AL plays 16 games against teams in the division, 9 games out-of-
division, and the remaining three games against random opponents, I
really don't care as it's not real baseball anyways.

3. NL plays 14 games in-division, 8 out.

4. The winners from each division play a best-of-seven exhibition
series.

5. The winners of each league then go on to play a best-of-seven
exhibition series.

6. Afterwards, in November and December, the Yankees play the Red
Sox for the World Series in a best-of-21 series to determine
baseball's world championship.

Note that the Yankees and Red Sox may skip the optional tournament if
they happen to finish at the top of the division -- the next-highest
ranking team would then play in their place.

This would make everyone happy, no?
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net
zig zigalo
2010-12-03 17:02:58 UTC
Post by Dale Hicks
[...]
everyone who matters, yeah. in other words, redsox and yankee fans.

:)

zig
Colin William
2010-12-04 03:15:38 UTC
Post by Dale Hicks
[...]
When did you start working for ESPN?

Colin
Ronald Emerson
2010-12-05 00:43:07 UTC
Post by Dale Hicks
[...]
This sounds like an idea only a hick would propose! Ronald Emerson. Is
it June 2011 yet?
James Sidbury
2010-12-05 02:26:51 UTC
Post by Dale Hicks
[...]
Still bitter about the Iron Bowl, I see.

dick
and I'm hoping for the rare double championship.
Dale Hicks
2010-12-05 04:16:25 UTC
In article <DrJamesSidbury-600103.21265004122010
@news.individual.net>, ***@hotmail.com says...
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Dale Hicks
This would make everyone happy, no?
Still bitter about the Iron Bowl, I see.
Oh hells no. Alabama had no secondary, and the one decent safety
they had was playing with only one arm.

I just thought that getting a great playoff system while at the same
time giving a NY-BOS series to Fox just solved everyone's problems,
instead of this "everyone qualifies" crap that's about to be foisted
on us old-timers (and yes, I've officially joined you in that
category).
--
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net