D.Lowe
Joe Morgan
2011-07-31 11:47:09 UTC
Anyone know why D Lowe's start has been moved back?

He is not going to start until Wed. in Washington..

Rotatio is usually
a.. ROTATION
a.. 1. T. Hudson
a.. 2. D. Lowe
a.. 3. T. Hanson
a.. 4. J. Jurrjens
a.. 5. B. Beachy

Joe Morgan
--
Joe Morgan

Home 843-884-2112
Cell 843-670-0143
Joe Schmoe
2011-08-03 10:53:38 UTC
Post by Joe Morgan
Anyone know why D Lowe's start has been moved back?
He is not going to start until Wed. in Washington..
Rotatio is usually
a.. ROTATION
a.. 1. T. Hudson
a.. 2. D. Lowe
a.. 3. T. Hanson
a.. 4. J. Jurrjens
a.. 5. B. Beachy
Joe Morgan
If only it had been pushed back to next season, we might be OK.

Think the Braves will make the post-season? They are doing their best
to squander their wild-card lead, the division title looks hopeless.
Joe Schmoe
2011-09-25 20:46:25 UTC
Nope.
James Sidbury
2011-09-26 02:43:50 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.

dick
Tarkus
2011-09-26 14:23:50 UTC
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
And the AL East last year showed why it's a good idea. What's more
intriguing, the two teams with the best record fighting till the end, or
one 2nd place team crapping all over themselves, while another 2nd place
team tries to catch them?
Dick Sidbury
2011-09-27 02:18:36 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
And the AL East last year showed why it's a good idea. What's more
intriguing, the two teams with the best record fighting till the end, or
one 2nd place team crapping all over themselves, while another 2nd place
team tries to catch them?
All that proves is that the current system needs work. I'd prefer no
wild cards although I'm willing to admit that MLB wants lots of playoff
games so there needs to be at least 4 teams.

It is possible that the proposed change will be better than what's
available now but I need to be convinced.

dick
-- I hope that Hudson does not start until the playoffs (or next season
as the case may be.)
Joe Schmoe
2011-09-26 19:40:28 UTC
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
dick
I hate to ask this, but what would you propose instead? There are many
different opinions about that...
Dick Sidbury
2011-09-27 02:06:11 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
dick
I hate to ask this, but what would you propose instead? There are many
different opinions about that...
4 divisions of 4 teams, no wild cards or two divisions of 8 teams with
first and second place teams going to the playoffs. runners up play
winners of the other divisions.

dick
Joe Schmoe
2011-09-27 02:51:31 UTC
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
dick
I hate to ask this, but what would you propose instead? There are many
different opinions about that...
4 divisions of 4 teams, no wild cards or two divisions of 8 teams with
first and second place teams going to the playoffs. runners up play
winners of the other divisions.
dick
Your idea is too conventional and boring. So here's my idea. At the
beginning of the season, all of the players are put into a draft. Each
team takes turns drafting their players for the season, and you form 32
teams, 16 teams in each league. Each team plays a balanced schedule
against every other team in their league, nine games against each of the
other 15 teams. So the regular season is 135 games but no one is
eliminated. They are all pool games. All the 135 games are for is to
seed the teams into two 16-team double elimination tournaments. Each
series in the tournament bracket plays a best of five series to advance.
The finals are a seven game series between the winners of each
tournament. Then, all the revenue is pooled and shares are divided
according to the coaches' vote, to determine the compensation of each
player for the season, based on performance. There would be minimum
guarantees depending on tenure. Of course, there is money for advancing
in the tournament as well. Then after the season, all of the players
are put back into the hat for next season's draft. The team with the
lowest finish in the previous year's tournament picks first, and the
process is repeated.
Dick Sidbury
2011-09-28 03:38:55 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
[...]
How is the revenue determined? Coaches vote is a bad idea because that
will make certain players unhappy with their coaches. Better to use
some kind of formula. For example, we could get Joe Simpson to weight
performance metrics and then use the opposite.
Tarkus
Ha!
Joe Schmoe
2011-09-28 11:37:21 UTC
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
[...]
Ha. Details, details. I just want the real world to function like
strat-o-matic.

Tarkus
2011-09-27 15:32:30 UTC
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
dick
I hate to ask this, but what would you propose instead? There are many
different opinions about that...
4 divisions of 4 teams, no wild cards or two divisions of 8 teams with
first and second place teams going to the playoffs. runners up play
winners of the other divisions.
So you propose expansion? In this economy, with existing teams already
having a tough time surviving.
Dick Sidbury
2011-09-28 03:34:00 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
dick
I hate to ask this, but what would you propose instead? There are many
different opinions about that...
4 divisions of 4 teams, no wild cards or two divisions of 8 teams with
first and second place teams going to the playoffs. runners up play
winners of the other divisions.
So you propose expansion? In this economy, with existing teams already
having a tough time surviving.
I'd like to see the books, or rather I'd like a good accountant to look
at the books and see how teams are really doing. Let the teams do a
complete sharing of media revenue based on their schedule. So if my
team plays the Yankees 3 times then I get 3/324 of the yankees' media
income and they get 3/324 of mine. etc.

dick
Tarkus
2011-09-28 05:43:37 UTC
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Tarkus
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
[...]
I wasn't talking about the their books, necessarily, but trying to get
butts in the seats. I just don't see expansion as viable right now,
when existing franchises are struggling in that department. It's not
like there are a bunch of big markets left out there.
Tarkus
2011-09-27 15:33:56 UTC
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
dick
I hate to ask this, but what would you propose instead? There are many
different opinions about that...
4 divisions of 4 teams, no wild cards or two divisions of 8 teams with
first and second place teams going to the playoffs. runners up play
winners of the other divisions.
And the other idea is bad too, because you'd have the same problem you
do now, where winning the division is not much better than winning the
wild card. So you'd have no legitimate division races. Even worse than
now, since now that only happens in one division in each league.
Dick Sidbury
2011-09-28 03:36:01 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
dick
I hate to ask this, but what would you propose instead? There are many
different opinions about that...
4 divisions of 4 teams, no wild cards or two divisions of 8 teams with
first and second place teams going to the playoffs. runners up play
winners of the other divisions.
And the other idea is bad too, because you'd have the same problem you
do now, where winning the division is not much better than winning the
wild card. So you'd have no legitimate division races. Even worse than
now, since now that only happens in one division in each league.
Point taken. So the playoffs go division winners play 3 at home then
two on the road then two at home, giving them a bigger home field
advantage.
Tarkus
2011-09-28 05:45:45 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by Dick Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Joe Schmoe
Think the Braves will make the post-season?
Nope.
But the current situation shows why the concept of a one game
playoff
between two wild cards is a bad idea.
dick
I hate to ask this, but what would you propose instead? There are many
different opinions about that...
4 divisions of 4 teams, no wild cards or two divisions of 8 teams with
first and second place teams going to the playoffs. runners up play
winners of the other divisions.
And the other idea is bad too, because you'd have the same problem you
do now, where winning the division is not much better than winning the
wild card. So you'd have no legitimate division races. Even worse than
now, since now that only happens in one division in each league.
I still don't see that as a big enough advantage, and it's going to make
it that much harder to sell expensive tickets to home games for the
division winners. Something teams like the Braves already struggle with.