Exiting Usenet
Colin William
2011-02-19 21:37:59 UTC
My German news server subscription is up at the end of March, and I
don't think I'm going to renew this time around. I've had a heck of a
good time here on asbab, though. It's not what it once was, but in its
day it was great. Feel free to look for me on Facebook, or occasionally
lurking over at BTF.

Colin
Dale Hicks
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net
TimV
It is a good feed too.
Ronald Emerson
A free feed still exists at eternal-september.org
It is a good feed too.
You can also get this group througth google groups for free which is
what I do. Ronald Emerson.
cdores
2011-03-03 17:12:27 UTC
Post by Colin William
My German news server subscription is up at the end of March, and I
don't think I'm going to renew this time around. I've had a heck of a
good time here on asbab, though. It's not what it once was, but in
its day it was great. Feel free to look for me on Facebook, or
occasionally lurking over at BTF.
Colin
Can someone remind me what BTF is? TIA.

Long, long-time lurker and I miss this group. Besides possibly BTF,
are there any other good Braves forums>

Jim
zig zigalo
2011-03-03 20:19:55 UTC
Post by Colin William
My German news server subscription is up at the end of March, and I
don't think I'm going to renew this time around. I've had a heck of a
good time here on asbab, though. It's not what it once was, but in
its day it was great. Feel free to look for me on Facebook, or
occasionally lurking over at BTF.
Colin
Can someone remind me what BTF is? TIA.

Long, long-time lurker and I miss this group. Besides possibly BTF,
are there any other good Braves forums>

Jim

baseball think factory. many of us frequent facebook as well

zig
Joe Schmoe
2011-03-04 11:59:57 UTC
Post by cdores
Post by Colin William
My German news server subscription is up at the end of March, and I
don't think I'm going to renew this time around. I've had a heck of a
good time here on asbab, though. It's not what it once was, but in
its day it was great. Feel free to look for me on Facebook, or
occasionally lurking over at BTF.
Colin
Can someone remind me what BTF is? TIA.
Long, long-time lurker and I miss this group. Besides possibly BTF,
are there any other good Braves forums>
Jim
baseball think factory. many of us frequent facebook as well
zig
Not into facebook, but I checked out BTF. The Atlanta Braves lounge has
posts from like 2006. Where is something fresher over there?
Dale Hicks
2011-03-04 17:07:21 UTC
In article <ikqk87$a6r$***@news.eternal-september.org>, mchome5
@bellsouth.net says...
Post by Joe Schmoe
Not into facebook, but I checked out BTF. The Atlanta Braves lounge has
posts from like 2006. Where is something fresher over there?
I think most of the discussion is handled in the comments of the
Newsstand section, or in the comments of the less-frequently-posted
main article (Featured) section. That's where sam has gone, along
with several guys that used to post to rec.sport.baseball. It's the
devolution of that newsgroup.
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net
TimV
2011-03-04 20:01:18 UTC
Post by cdores
Post by Colin William
My German news server subscription is up at the end of March, and I
don't think I'm going to renew this time around. I've had a heck of a
good time here on asbab, though. It's not what it once was, but in
its day it was great. Feel free to look for me on Facebook, or
occasionally lurking over at BTF.
Colin
Can someone remind me what BTF is? TIA.
Long, long-time lurker and I miss this group. Besides possibly BTF,
are there any other good Braves forums>
Jim
baseball think factory. many of us frequent facebook as well
zig
I hate facebook, so that isn't happening for me. I'll be sad when usenet
finally gives up the ghost. Forums just do not do it for me.