Jurrjens
Joe Schmoe
2010-09-09 23:43:13 UTC
What is the excuse?
Tarkus
2010-09-09 23:57:52 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
What is the excuse?
Where was your thread for Hudson the other day?

Good players have bad games. <shrug>
Joe Schmoe
2010-09-10 00:36:09 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by Joe Schmoe
What is the excuse?
Where was your thread for Hudson the other day?
Good players have bad games. <shrug>
The offense spots him three runs in the first against a leader for the
Cy Young award, and he gives back five in the second. He threw a lot of
very bad pitches. Frustrating. Dang it.
Tarkus
2010-09-10 01:46:07 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Tarkus
Post by Joe Schmoe
What is the excuse?
Where was your thread for Hudson the other day?
Good players have bad games. <shrug>
The offense spots him three runs in the first against a leader for the
Cy Young award, and he gives back five in the second. He threw a lot of
very bad pitches. Frustrating. Dang it.
I agree. I just don't see where the "excuse' question comes into play.
The team as a whole has been sucking lately.
Joe Schmoe
2010-09-10 11:48:42 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Tarkus
Post by Joe Schmoe
What is the excuse?
Where was your thread for Hudson the other day?
Good players have bad games. <shrug>
The offense spots him three runs in the first against a leader for the
Cy Young award, and he gives back five in the second. He threw a lot of
very bad pitches. Frustrating. Dang it.
I agree. I just don't see where the "excuse' question comes into play.
The team as a whole has been sucking lately.
It's like this: "Jair, you are in a big league pennant race for the
first time in your career. You are are pitching in a big game, and your
hitters have just spotted you a three run lead in the first inning
against a tough pitcher. Get out there and show me something, son."

So he goes out there and throws batting practice pitches and gets lit
up. You watched the game, where were those pitches? He didn't do his
job. Pitching isn't like playing LF. He needed to step up and he
didn't do it.
Dave "Crash" Dummy
2010-09-10 12:12:10 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Joe Schmoe
Post by Tarkus
Post by Joe Schmoe
[...]
I have to agree. This isn't the first time. Jurgens has a knack for
snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
--
Crash

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."
~ Samuel Johnson ~