Padres 1/2 game back with 15 to play
Dale Hicks
2010-09-17 16:16:38 UTC
Rockies are also 2 1/2 back.

Losing Medlen and Glaus (to nagging injuries) really hurt the team.
Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net
Colin William
2010-09-17 19:54:54 UTC
Post by Dale Hicks
Rockies are also 2 1/2 back.
Losing Medlen and Glaus (to nagging injuries) really hurt the team.
It's hard for me to think of Glaus as "lost", since he was only worth
having for about 7 weeks. The team has won four of Minor's seven starts,
so I don't think losing Medlen really hurt us.

Prado's dropped off a little in September; Infante's BA has been good,
but his power dropped off; Ankiel has sucked, Melky has sucked, Derrek
Lee has been mediocre; Farnsworth has sucked, Venters has been less than
superhuman, Jurrjens has struggled, Hudson has returned to earth, and
Chipper is out. Maybe no single one of those things makes a huge
difference, but all in aggregate are why the last month has gone as it has.

Colin
zig zigalo
2010-09-17 20:06:21 UTC
Post by Colin William
Post by Dale Hicks
Rockies are also 2 1/2 back.
Losing Medlen and Glaus (to nagging injuries) really hurt the team.
It's hard for me to think of Glaus as "lost", since he was only worth
having for about 7 weeks. The team has won four of Minor's seven
starts, so I don't think losing Medlen really hurt us.
Prado's dropped off a little in September; Infante's BA has been good,
but his power dropped off; Ankiel has sucked, Melky has sucked, Derrek
Lee has been mediocre; Farnsworth has sucked, Venters has been less
than superhuman, Jurrjens has struggled, Hudson has returned to
earth, and Chipper is out. Maybe no single one of those things makes
a huge difference, but all in aggregate are why the last month has
gone as it has.
this is a team that a team that lost 9 straight early on, and probably
should not even be in the WC hunt, but still is. and is a good string away
from 1st in the NL east. but... facing a nasty rotation for philly in
halladay, hamels, and oswalt. our guys? jurrjens, minor, hanson. does not
look good. they need to take care of business in NY and catch fire again.

zig
Colin William
2010-09-17 23:08:24 UTC
Post by zig zigalo
this is a team that a team that lost 9 straight early on, and probably
should not even be in the WC hunt, but still is. and is a good string away
from 1st in the NL east. but... facing a nasty rotation for philly in
halladay, hamels, and oswalt. our guys? jurrjens, minor, hanson. does not
look good. they need to take care of business in NY and catch fire again.
The big difference right now is that Philly's big trade move worked
(Oswalt) while ours (Ankiel, Farnsworth, Lee) did not. Wren didn't even
catch a sniff of a break with those moves.

Colin
Steve Patterson
2010-09-20 17:24:32 UTC
Post by zig zigalo
this is a team that a team that lost 9 straight early on, and probably
should not even be in the WC hunt, but still is. and is a good string away
from 1st in the NL east. but... facing a nasty rotation for philly in
halladay, hamels, and oswalt. our guys? jurrjens, minor, hanson. does not
look good. they need to take care of business in NY and catch fire again.
zig
Part 1 of your plan has been accomplished.

Somehow though I'm not all that optimistic about part 2.
James Sidbury
2010-09-20 19:07:40 UTC
Post by Steve Patterson
Post by zig zigalo
this is a team that a team that lost 9 straight early on, and probably
should not even be in the WC hunt, but still is. and is a good string away
from 1st in the NL east. but... facing a nasty rotation for philly in
halladay, hamels, and oswalt. our guys? jurrjens, minor, hanson. does not
look good. they need to take care of business in NY and catch fire again.
zig
Part 1 of your plan has been accomplished.
Somehow though I'm not all that optimistic about part 2.
I hope that 2 of 3 will be good enough.

dick
zig zigalo
2010-09-20 23:49:32 UTC
Post by James Sidbury
Post by Steve Patterson
Post by zig zigalo
this is a team that a team that lost 9 straight early on, and
probably should not even be in the WC hunt, but still is. and is a
good string away from 1st in the NL east. but... facing a nasty
rotation for philly in halladay, hamels, and oswalt. our guys?
jurrjens, minor, hanson. does not look good. they need to take
care of business in NY and catch fire again.
zig
Part 1 of your plan has been accomplished.
Somehow though I'm not all that optimistic about part 2.
I hope that 2 of 3 will be good enough.
just ask meatloaf.

zig