A little payback
Pete Irwin
2010-08-25 20:40:39 UTC
The Braves are dishing out a little payback to the Rockies for the
first two games of the series. Its beautiful watching Braves baseball
at its best. Just one more reason for the skeptics to believe this is
our year. What a way to go Bobby. With a championship ring!
tom dunne
2010-08-25 22:22:32 UTC
Post by Pete Irwin
The Braves are dishing out a little payback to the Rockies for the
first two games of the series. Its beautiful watching Braves baseball
at its best. Just one more reason for the skeptics to believe this is
our year. What a way to go Bobby. With a championship ring!
I assume your wrote this before the Rockies scored 9 unanswered runs
to tie the game? The skeptics tell me that they do appreciate your
enthusiasm, but they aren't saving for postseason tickets just yet.
tom dunne
2010-08-25 22:23:24 UTC
Post by tom dunne
Post by Pete Irwin
The Braves are dishing out a little payback to the Rockies for the
first two games of the series. Its beautiful watching Braves baseball
at its best. Just one more reason for the skeptics to believe this is
our year. What a way to go Bobby. With a championship ring!
I assume your wrote this before the Rockies scored 9 unanswered runs
to tie the game?  The skeptics tell me that they do appreciate your
enthusiasm, but they aren't saving for postseason tickets just yet.
Naturally, as I wrote this, the Rockies were busy scoring their 10th
unanswered run to take the lead in the bottom of the 8th...
TimV
2010-08-25 22:37:19 UTC
Post by tom dunne
Post by tom dunne
Post by Pete Irwin
The Braves are dishing out a little payback to the Rockies for the
first two games of the series. Its beautiful watching Braves baseball
at its best. Just one more reason for the skeptics to believe this is
our year. What a way to go Bobby. With a championship ring!
I assume your wrote this before the Rockies scored 9 unanswered runs
to tie the game? The skeptics tell me that they do appreciate your
enthusiasm, but they aren't saving for postseason tickets just yet.
Naturally, as I wrote this, the Rockies were busy scoring their 10th
unanswered run to take the lead in the bottom of the 8th...
That's why you don't tempt the weaux gods. They can be mightily spiteful.

Tarkus
We'll get 'em next year!
Colin William
2010-08-25 22:40:36 UTC
Post by tom dunne
Post by tom dunne
Post by Pete Irwin
The Braves are dishing out a little payback to the Rockies for the
first two games of the series. Its beautiful watching Braves baseball
at its best. Just one more reason for the skeptics to believe this is
our year. What a way to go Bobby. With a championship ring!
I assume your wrote this before the Rockies scored 9 unanswered runs
to tie the game? The skeptics tell me that they do appreciate your
enthusiasm, but they aren't saving for postseason tickets just yet.
Naturally, as I wrote this, the Rockies were busy scoring their 10th
unanswered run to take the lead in the bottom of the 8th...
I think the Rockies are still working on payback for when they went
0-for-1993 against the Braves.

Colin
tom dunne
2010-08-25 23:06:02 UTC
I think most of you guys know I live in Cincinnati and so I follow the
Reds as well - unbelievably, they also blew a 9 run lead today. Which
of the baseball gods did I piss off, and how do I atone for my sin?
Colin William
2010-08-25 23:07:18 UTC
Post by tom dunne
I think most of you guys know I live in Cincinnati and so I follow the
Reds as well - unbelievably, they also blew a 9 run lead today. Which
of the baseball gods did I piss off, and how do I atone for my sin?
I just read that. Hell of a weird day.

Colin
James Sidbury
2010-08-26 00:27:49 UTC
In article
Post by tom dunne
I think most of you guys know I live in Cincinnati and so I follow the
Reds as well - unbelievably, they also blew a 9 run lead today. Which
of the baseball gods did I piss off, and how do I atone for my sin?
And when you atone for your sin, which sin do you want to atone for more
-- the one that cost the Reds or the one that cost the Braves?

dick
PaulMofATL
2010-08-26 02:22:54 UTC
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:27:49 -0400, James Sidbury
Post by James Sidbury
In article
Post by tom dunne
I think most of you guys know I live in Cincinnati and so I follow the
Reds as well - unbelievably, they also blew a 9 run lead today. Which
of the baseball gods did I piss off, and how do I atone for my sin?
And when you atone for your sin, which sin do you want to atone for more
-- the one that cost the Reds or the one that cost the Braves?
dick
I got in the car at my office in Alpharetta at around 4:45. The
Braves were up 10-2.

I had some errands to run that took me to Buford then down to Duluth,
where I went for a run. When I got out of the car at about 6:40, it
was 12-10 going into the ninth. It sounded like it was a circus out
there. Balls were being dropped, kicked, missed, everything.

Tomorrow is an off day. I don't know what you do for that kind of
sorry pitching, but maybe they should do some fielding drills.
p t
2010-08-25 23:01:53 UTC
Playoff teams don't blow games like this (the game being in Col is no
excuse). 5 out of 6 vs. the Fish and Muts may make me believe again.
it's nice to have Infante and Prado's bats in the lineup, but the D has
been Brutal!! lately.

the Phillies will win tonight and tomorrow, take it to the Bank.
p t
2010-08-26 02:09:06 UTC
glad i was at least half wrong. can't keep counting on the Phillies
losing, the Braves need a 7/8 out of 10 soon.
Tarkus
2010-08-26 02:42:33 UTC
Post by p t
glad i was at least half wrong. can't keep counting on the Phillies
losing, the Braves need a 7/8 out of 10 soon.
What's worse, being a Braves fan, and every time you win, the Phillies
win, or being a Phillies fan, and every time the Braves lose, you lose?

I guess with a 2.5 game lead and the calendar on our side, it's worse
being a Phillies fan (recently anyway).
James Sidbury
2010-08-26 04:06:50 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by p t
glad i was at least half wrong. can't keep counting on the Phillies
losing, the Braves need a 7/8 out of 10 soon.
What's worse, being a Braves fan, and every time you win, the Phillies
win, or being a Phillies fan, and every time the Braves lose, you lose?
I guess with a 2.5 game lead and the calendar on our side, it's worse
being a Phillies fan (recently anyway).
It's tough for both sides.

dick
Is there a pitcher in the NL who wants to win the Cy?
Tarkus
I'd say it just got a little tougher for Phillies fans...
Joe Schmoe
2010-08-27 01:20:57 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by Tarkus
I guess with a 2.5 game lead and the calendar on our side, it's worse
being a Phillies fan (recently anyway).
It's tough for both sides.
I'd say it just got a little tougher for Phillies fans...
We really dodged a bullet this week. I can understand getting swept at
Coors field, but to have the Phils lose three straight to the Astros at
home at the same time is peculiar good luck.

BTW, I may start the official "Raze Coors Field" thread somewhere. Why
is baseball played there? It's like playing in a zero gravity field or
something.
Tarkus
2010-08-27 02:53:57 UTC
Post by Joe Schmoe
We really dodged a bullet this week. I can understand getting swept at
Coors field, but to have the Phils lose three straight to the Astros at
home at the same time is peculiar good luck.
Actually, it was four straight, Monday-Thursday. Hence, the 3 game lead
instead of the customary 2.5 game we've gotten so used to.
Colin William
2010-08-27 20:13:09 UTC
Post by Tarkus
What's worse, being a Braves fan, and every time you win, the Phillies
win, or being a Phillies fan, and every time the Braves lose, you lose?
I guess with a 2.5 game lead and the calendar on our side, it's worse
being a Phillies fan (recently anyway).
I think it's gotta be worse to be a Phils fan. On paper, their team just
doesn't look like it should be trailing the Braves - it has more "name"
players, after all. They have a rotation of Halladay, Hamels, and now
Oswalt, while we have Hudson dominating and one other guy with an ERA
under 4 (and he has a sub-.500 record).

The devil is, of course, in the details, but the Braves are on pace to
be one of the most nondescript 90 win teams since the Indians in Major
League.

Colin
Tarkus
2010-08-26 22:08:54 UTC
Post by p t
Playoff teams don't blow games like this (the game being in Col is no
excuse).
They don't generally get swept in a four-game home series by a losing
team during a tight pennant race, either. So I guess no one from NL
East is making this year's playoffs. ;)
You owe me a lot of money!
James Sidbury
2010-08-27 01:11:59 UTC
Post by Tarkus
Post by p t
Playoff teams don't blow games like this (the game being in Col is no
excuse).
They don't generally get swept in a four-game home series by a losing
team during a tight pennant race, either. So I guess no one from NL
East is making this year's playoffs. ;)
Terry, did you forget the Mets?

dick
or Florida or Washington?
Tarkus
Who?
Tarkus
2010-08-29 20:54:41 UTC
Post by p t
Playoff teams don't blow games like this (the game being in Col is no
excuse).
What about teams that score six runs in the final two innings to
continue their record of only one series loss at home?

Go B-Mac!