This Bud's for you
PaulMofATL
2010-08-26 18:01:26 UTC
A Bud Selig statue for Milwaukees Miller Park! I thought this was a
joke. An honorable man would have declined. Selig is not honorable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/100210&sportCat=mlb

Being that most stautues give a less than flattering image of its
subject, I can't wait to see what a Selig statue is going to look
like. Will it be able to properly depict his frumpy suit bought off
the shelf to show the little people he is one of them that happens to
make $18.5M a year.
PaulMofATL
2010-08-26 18:17:49 UTC
Post by PaulMofATL
A Bud Selig statue for Milwaukees Miller Park! I thought this was a
joke. An honorable man would have declined. Selig is not honorable.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/100210&sportCat=mlb
Being that most stautues give a less than flattering image of its
subject, I can't wait to see what a Selig statue is going to look
like. Will it be able to properly depict his frumpy suit bought off
the shelf to show the little people he is one of them that happens to
make $18.5M a year.
Well I posted an old link as the statue was unveiled yesterday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Bud-Selig-s-statue-is-now-deservedly-loitering-o?urn=mlb-264888

I wonder why his hand is out.

I always thought that the statue of Maynard Jackson at Hartsfield
Airport should have it's hand out.

I did a google search of "Bud Selig Statue" and then images and I was
presented with this Bud montage:

http://tinyurl.com/277wodh
James Sidbury
2010-08-26 20:11:51 UTC
Post by PaulMofATL
A Bud Selig statue for Milwaukees Miller Park! I thought this was a
joke. An honorable man would have declined. Selig is not honorable.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/100210&sportCat=mlb
The picture makes Selig look like Howard Cosell.

dick
a just rendering, IMHO.
PaulMofATL
2010-08-27 02:23:14 UTC
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:11:51 -0400, James Sidbury
Post by James Sidbury
Post by PaulMofATL
A Bud Selig statue for Milwaukees Miller Park! I thought this was a
joke. An honorable man would have declined. Selig is not honorable.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/100210&sportCat=mlb
The picture makes Selig look like Howard Cosell.
dick
Sadly looking like Cosell is an upgrade for Bud.

You have to admit, he has done a great job of letting the owners do
what they want.
Tarkus
2010-08-27 02:57:48 UTC
Post by PaulMofATL
You have to admit, he has done a great job of letting the owners do
what they want.
Bowie Kuhn must be rolling over in his grave.