Went to my first Braves game
Lookout
2010-09-13 20:38:00 UTC
All I have to compare it to is Fenway Park and Boston fans...

The park was very easy to find. Parking was more than available for
$10 with a 5 minute walk to the park. The park was VERY clean and easy
to find our way around. The hot dogs were VERY GOOD ($4.50), the beer
was right at the ramp entrance ($6.75) and the cotton candy wasn't
some funky raspberry flavor. The fans were excited but not rabid (read
that not drunk and not Boston\Yankee fan) and friendly with the St
Louis fans.

This was my wife's first game...and she's your typical fan's wife. She
knows the major players and knows the basics but she, herself is not a
fan. HOWEVER she wants to go back to see another game this year!

All in all a great park, great fans and the Braves won 6-3 in the
12th.
Ronald Emerson
2010-09-14 05:45:17 UTC
Post by Lookout
All I have to compare it to is Fenway Park and Boston fans...
The park was very easy to find. Parking was more than available for
$10 with a 5 minute walk to the park. The park was VERY clean and easy
to find our way around. The hot dogs were VERY GOOD ($4.50), the beer
was right at the ramp entrance ($6.75) and the cotton candy wasn't
some funky raspberry flavor. The fans were excited but not rabid (read
that not drunk and not Boston\Yankee fan) and friendly with the St
Louis fans.
This was my wife's first game...and she's your typical fan's wife. She
knows the major players and knows the basics but she, herself is not a
fan. HOWEVER she wants to go back to see another game this year!
All in all a great park, great fans and the Braves won 6-3 in the
12th.
Turner Field is the best park in Baseball.BTW, I am having a Braves
victory party after the Braves sweep the Rangers in the World Series.
The party will be at Billy Bobs in FT Worth Texas so you can go
straight from the Ball Park at Arlington after game four to Billy
Bobs. I went to my first Braves game in 1966 when the Braves played
the Mets at Atlanta stadium. Ronald Emerson.